It was so pillowy soft. 🤩
- 100g glutinous rice flour, sifted
- 120ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- Mix glutinous rice flour, salt and water. Stir into smooth batter.
- Heat the shallot oil in a nonstick pan.
- Pour in the batter and allow it to cook over medium-low heat. Turn and fry until the batter turns opaque and is cooked through.
- Place the mixture on plate or tray containing topping of choice.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the cooked glutinous rice paste into bite-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece in the topping until fully coated.
Had this kewpie brand mentaiko pasta sauce packet lying somewhere and I’ve got the one last sausage left from 2 weeks ago which I kept in the freezer. Avocado spoiling, cut out the parts which I still could use. Canned tuna from Maldives from TC’s colleague 2 years ago. LOL.
Tadaa! No food is wasted.
Spend a lot of time fixing our dining table, a lot of filing down at the sides because it’s too wide and the extension wouldn’t come out. Still not done yet though.
TC mentioned about ordering GrabFood but I felt that we have a lot of ingredients in the fridge, I can cook something quick. So claypot rice it is! One pot meals are easy to prepare.
Very impressed with the rice cooker’s claypot function too! Got crispy rice at the bottom. 😋
Claypot Chicken Rice
Serves 2 – 3
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, soak 5 mins to soften (replaceable with rice)
- Water for cooking rice & pearl barley
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Chinese red wine sausage
- Dried mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon hua diao wine
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Marinate chicken and Chinese sausage with all sauces for 5 mins.
- Add rice, pearl barley and water in the rice cooker.
- Pour the chicken, sausage and sauces on top.
- Cook in rice cooker. Use claypot function if available.
- Once cooked, mix well to serve.
Finally tried Gyu Nami’sbeef don after seeing it multiple times on Burpple.
There’s only one item on the menu so there’s other options, not even add-ons. $10 for a small bowl, although it was just nice for me. Beef is tender and soft but the rest was quite disappointing. Would be nice if they could include furikake in the rice and replace mayo with brown sauce. Won’t be back again.
I made teriyaki chicken salad. Gotta watch my diet, especially my dinners.
Having Tako Katsu burger again. Yum.
Dinner of the day
– Thai glass noodle salad (yum woon sen)
– Stir-fry celery
– Salted egg chicken
– Apple, white fungus with almond in honey water
I bought a pack of curry leaves for the salted egg chicken but I only need a sprig of it. Haha. So I did a search online on how to store the rest of it.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly
- Remove the leaves from the stalk, place the wet leaves on a kitchen towel and gently pat them with the towel to remove excess water.
- Place the leaves on a large tray and spread them in a single layer. Place the tray in a cool shade inside your home and leave them to dry. Cover with a thin cloth if there is dust.
- Depending on the weather, the leaves will dry in 2-3 days. It is important to dry them in shade to retain as much flavour. Sun drying is faster but will result in loosing most of the flavour and aroma.
- Once dried, store the dry and crisp curry leaves in an air-tight container and use it whenever needed just like fresh curry leaves. You can also pack them and send them as gifts to your family and friends who live outside India!
- Dried curry leaves will crumble very easily, so store them in a big container.
McGriddles at Punggol Safra’s McDonald’s, get a free dessert if you are a Safra member. We shared one dessert though, if not we won’t be able to finish it.
McGriddles got a little bit too much for me halfway, too doughy.
Dinner of the day
– Teriyaki mackerel
– Korean seaweed porridge
Dinner of the day!
– Three Cup Chicken
– Potato omelette
– Stir-fry naba cabbage
Finally opened my box of Kit Kat x Tokyo Banana. Don’t worry it’s not expired. Hahahahha! The marriage of two popular snacks is perfect; chocolate covered treat with moist creamy banana filling sandwiched between crispy wafers. Mmmm…
Other than my corneal abrasion, I’m having a little cough too. Monk’s fruit with chrysanthemum tea to soothe the throat.
Our mattress from Tilam King is finally here! Made the bed too, sheets were washed since last week to prepare for this day.
Dinner was a very thick soup made with the leftover apple soda braised pork sauce. Thumbs up.