It was so pillowy soft. 🤩
- 100g glutinous rice flour, sifted
- 120ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- Mix glutinous rice flour, salt and water. Stir into smooth batter.
- Heat the shallot oil in a nonstick pan.
- Pour in the batter and allow it to cook over medium-low heat. Turn and fry until the batter turns opaque and is cooked through.
- Place the mixture on plate or tray containing topping of choice.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the cooked glutinous rice paste into bite-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece in the topping until fully coated.
Had this kewpie brand mentaiko pasta sauce packet lying somewhere and I’ve got the one last sausage left from 2 weeks ago which I kept in the freezer. Avocado spoiling, cut out the parts which I still could use. Canned tuna from Maldives from TC’s colleague 2 years ago. LOL.
Tadaa! No food is wasted.
Spend a lot of time fixing our dining table, a lot of filing down at the sides because it’s too wide and the extension wouldn’t come out. Still not done yet though.
TC mentioned about ordering GrabFood but I felt that we have a lot of ingredients in the fridge, I can cook something quick. So claypot rice it is! One pot meals are easy to prepare.
Very impressed with the rice cooker’s claypot function too! Got crispy rice at the bottom. 😋
Claypot Chicken Rice
Serves 2 – 3
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, soak 5 mins to soften (replaceable with rice)
- Water for cooking rice & pearl barley
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Chinese red wine sausage
- Dried mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon hua diao wine
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Marinate chicken and Chinese sausage with all sauces for 5 mins.
- Add rice, pearl barley and water in the rice cooker.
- Pour the chicken, sausage and sauces on top.
- Cook in rice cooker. Use claypot function if available.
- Once cooked, mix well to serve.
One small thought in the morning can change the whole day.
Even TC woke up early, probably because the little monster couldn’t come in the room and disturb us, we had a better night.
I ran out of the room and greeted Tifa, opened the gate and she ran out. Had a little adventure around the living room and took TC quite some time to get her back in. Fed breakfast, cleaned the area and topped up her food and water.
Music plays in the background while I took my time to prep for work. Ahhh… I like mornings like this and it should be a motivation for me to sleep early.
Was a nice quiet stroll to the bus stop from our new place, nobody is rushing or walking at a very fast pace. Realised that I forgot my phone and TC ran pass me with my phone in his hands. 😁 Thanks Pipi.
Train wasn’t as crowded as I thought and managed to get myself a seat. 😊
Lunch at Pho Stop. The texture of the noodles is not very good, quite thick and feels rough. Beef balls a bit salty too.
Out with Sis again! We look so much alike in the photo, just that my face is rounder.
Lunch at Sushiro.
She came over to my new place to have a look and we had loads of fried chicken from KFC and Arnold’s. Fat die me seriously.
I really like the spinach at Wafuken, it has the nice sweet fragrance of corn.
ROM dress shopping with Sis again. She still undecided, my legs are dead.
Brought colleagues to try the Thai food at Folks Collective, this time round as it is really good and value for money.
I had the stew beef noodle.
Shared a Crispy Chicken Skin and Pork Belly. Very cripsy indeed. Colleague mentioned that the chicken skin wasn’t served hot but that didn’t matter to me.
Met up with Sister and we had dinner at Coco Ichibanya. We didn’t want to have so much rice, so we ordered a curry omelette rice and added on curry spinach, clams, black pepper chicken and hamburg patty.
The cost of all these was equivalent to having 2 curry rice as mains. We could have asked for lesser rice which could have saved us another dollar.
Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup from Soup Spoon. Not bad. It’s gluten free if you remember to opt out the tortillas and bun.
Dessert after which I forgot the name of the restaurant.
We had a deconstructed lemon tart and a tiramisu which may be a little disappointing for the price.
I had setbacks one after another, I doubted myself over and over again. Doubt my worth and value. Was I so bad but people who know me kept telling me that I wasn’t (I know they are not lying because they are straightforward like me).
Sometimes you just can’t help it when things happen.
I teared during dinner, even comfort food is not helping. Shocked TC. Lol. I never allow myself to appear weak in public.
TC got me this to chill. Needed it very much indeed. Thanks pipi.