It was so pillowy soft. 🤩
- 100g glutinous rice flour, sifted
- 120ml water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp shallot oil
- Mix glutinous rice flour, salt and water. Stir into smooth batter.
- Heat the shallot oil in a nonstick pan.
- Pour in the batter and allow it to cook over medium-low heat. Turn and fry until the batter turns opaque and is cooked through.
- Place the mixture on plate or tray containing topping of choice.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the cooked glutinous rice paste into bite-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece in the topping until fully coated.
Had this kewpie brand mentaiko pasta sauce packet lying somewhere and I’ve got the one last sausage left from 2 weeks ago which I kept in the freezer. Avocado spoiling, cut out the parts which I still could use. Canned tuna from Maldives from TC’s colleague 2 years ago. LOL.
Tadaa! No food is wasted.
Spend a lot of time fixing our dining table, a lot of filing down at the sides because it’s too wide and the extension wouldn’t come out. Still not done yet though.
TC mentioned about ordering GrabFood but I felt that we have a lot of ingredients in the fridge, I can cook something quick. So claypot rice it is! One pot meals are easy to prepare.
Very impressed with the rice cooker’s claypot function too! Got crispy rice at the bottom. 😋
Claypot Chicken Rice
Serves 2 – 3
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, soak 5 mins to soften (replaceable with rice)
- Water for cooking rice & pearl barley
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Chinese red wine sausage
- Dried mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon hua diao wine
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Marinate chicken and Chinese sausage with all sauces for 5 mins.
- Add rice, pearl barley and water in the rice cooker.
- Pour the chicken, sausage and sauces on top.
- Cook in rice cooker. Use claypot function if available.
- Once cooked, mix well to serve.