We were planning to go Li Bai Cantonese Restaurant at Sheraton Hotel for the ROM lunch initially but TC’s Sister told us that their quality has dropped, so we chose Summer Pavilion instead which was equally good.
Who doesn’t want to celebrate their special day at a pretty place with quality food, right?
We were given a private room! Yay! The table was able to seat all 13 pax and it’s still quite spacious.
I have already made the arrangements with the manager much earlier.
I’m going to give a run through of the packaged menu that I have ordered. We got the Daffodil lunch set for all the adults.
- 夏苑四小碟 (Summer Pavilion Platter of Four) – 香煎元贝, 烧鸭, 黄金生虾, 卤水牛展 (Pan-fried Scallop, Homemade Sauce, Barbecued Duck, Baked Prawn with Salted Egg Yolk, Marinated Sliced Beef Shank, Beancurd)
- 竹笙蟹肉菘菇烩燕窝 (Braised Bird’s Nest Soup, Crabmeat, Bamboo Piths, Pine Mushrooms)
- 露笋山药炒贵妃蚌 (Sautéed Canadian Clam, Asparagus, ‘Huai Shan’)
- 潮式蒸笋壳鱼 (Teochew-style Steamed ‘Soon Hock’ Fish Fillet, Beancurd, Tomatoes, Salted Vegetables)
- 一品茶皇鸡 (Marinated Smoked Chicken, Chinese Tea Leaves)
- 有机黑蒜浓汤浸双蔬 (Poached Duo of Vegetables, Superior Stock, Organic Black Garlic)
- 姜葱鸡丝焖银丝面 (Braised Hong Kong Noodles, Shredded Chicken, Ginger, Spring Onions)
- 冻南北杏双耳青苹果 (Chilled Green Apple, Assorted Fungus, Almond Flakes)
I requested for the beef item in the first dish to be replaced with something else and the manager kindly changed it to Barbecued Honey Pork.
While the two kids had the Orchid lunch menu.
- 精美点心拼盘 (Selection of Dim Sum)
- 原盅炖汤 (Double-boiled Soup of the Day)
- 香芒脆鲈鱼 (Pan-fried Sea Perch, Mango Salad, Thai Sauce)
- 蒜子白玉焖猪软骨伴露笋素肉烩饭 (Braised Pork, Pine Mushroom, Beancurd, Garlic, Braised Rice, Vegetarian Meat, Diced Asparagus, Carrot, Spring Onion, Egg)
- 精美甜品 (Dessert of the Day)
I totally forgot to request for non-spicy. Didn’t come across to me that Thai Sauce is spicy.
The total bill came was a little more than $1,600 including tea and taxes, which we think is alright. At least it wasn’t like any other forgettable wedding meals, plus the ambience was good, service top notch. We had a waitress allocated to our room and she has never ever let us wait too long.
Tea was the only thing that w had to order on the spot.
This is the Lychee Oolong Tea and my Dad likes it because he knows it is a good quality tea. The french beans with dried shrimps is a snack before our meal.
This was the Summer Pavilion Platter of Four which consists of Pan-fried Scallop with Homemade Sauce, Barbecued Duck, Baked Prawn with Salted Egg Yolk and Barbequed Honey Pork.
My Mum kept saying why only one or two pieces for each person because it was so good, she wanted more. She will regret saying this later because she was struggling to stomach the last few dishes.
The second dish was Braised Bird’s Nest Soup, Crabmeat, Bamboo Piths & Pine Mushrooms. Thumbs up for this because having bird’s nest is better than shark’s fin, and it sounds so much more ‘beautifying’. Muahahaha! The ladies will love this.
Third was Sautéed Canadian Clam, Asparagus, ‘Huai Shan’.
It was our first time having the clam and it’s weirdly shaped, when we google… it was actually a coral clam. I like the deep-fried things at the side, which I think is enoki mushrooms.
Fourth, Teochewstyle Steamed ‘Soon Hock’ Fish Fillet with Beancurd, Tomatoes and Salted Vegetables.
The fish was really fresh, tender and smooth, all of us finished up the sauce and none was left. My parent even asked the waitress to leave the fish head, so that they could have it. #nothingwasted
Fifth was Marinated Smoked Chicken with Chinese Tea Leaves, the dish that I totally looked forward to and did not disappoint. Fragrant, tender and juicy. Awesome.
Sixth. Poached Duo of Vegetables in Superior Stock with Organic Black Garlic. Parents loved the touch of the black garlic, they basically collected the black garlic from the youngsters who didn’t want it. LOL.
Seventh. Braised Hong Kong Noodles with Shredded Chicken, Ginger and Spring Onions.
We were very full by then and still managed to finish it because it’s so good~
Lastly, the dessert. Chilled Green Apple with Assorted Fungus and Almond Flakes.
Green apple sounds like such a cheap and simple dessert, right? Everyone loves it and my Papa was already thinking about how he can prepare this himself.
Really. Thumbs up!
#pipilabitogether #summerpavilion #ritzcalton
#dayre #dayrebrides #dayrefoodies
I’m still editing the other pictures taken during the ROM, so I’ll update when it ready. Oh, we will have another wedding celebration, probably within the next two years which will include all friends and relatives.
We haven’t been stressful in any of our planning, we just let everything take it’s course and things will just fall in place as time goes. =) Going to focus on our renovation next, after we have collected out keys. Woohoo! Can’t wait to get the keys!